Congratulations to all the winners of this year's Poetry Competition, the standard was very high. Thank you to the Judges for their hard work, and Deputy Mayor Chris Pillai for presenting the awards.
The competition is sponsored by Darren Martin in memory of his uncle, John Harrison.
The judging panel comprises Benjamin Guilfoyle, performance poet, Susan Field, published poet and leader of a writing group, and Darren Martin, nephew of John Harrison.
Winners in the under 11 category
- Nature is wonderful, by Ava Mae McCormack
- Shakespeare, by Jasmin Fogelman
- Don't judge a book by its cover, by Maisie Francis
- Holiday, by Clay Wilkinson
Winners in the 11 to 18 category
- Letter from society, by Nancy Roberts
- So long, by Renske Helen Van Gulijk
- I am me, by Lydia Hemingway
- A Garden Life, by Renske Helen Van Gulijk
- Stepping up, by Leila Sheppard
Winners in the over 18 category
- Fire never went out, by Pearl Buckley
- Is there time, by Jane Sheppard
- Be true to yourself, by Rosi Gemmell
- 2018 a review, by John Sheppard
- Our earth, by John Sheppard