What is personal information?
Personal information or data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR).
Who are we?
The Friends of Rastrick Library Committee is the data controller and data processor. This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
The Friends of Rastrick Library address is Rastrick Library, Crowtrees Lane, Rastrick, Brighouse, West Yorkshire, HD6 3NE. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we use your information
The Friends of Rastrick Library complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To fundraise and promote the interests of the Friends of Rastrick Library
- To inform you of news, events, and activities
What is the legal basis for processing your information?
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, and activities.
- Where personal data is collected relating to attendance at a Friends of Rastrick Library event, unless specific consent is given, that data will only be used in communications around the administration, running and follow-up for that event under legitimate interest.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will not be shared with third parties outside of Friends of Rastrick Library without your explicit consent.
If you email us we may keep a record of your contact and your email address and the email for our record-keeping.
Using our website
The following cookies are used on our website:
These cookies do not track user information, and will expire as soon as you close your web browser.
To find out how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org/how-to-delete-cookies/
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Friends of Rastrick Library holds about you
- The right to request that Friends of Rastrick Library corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Friends of Rastrick Library to retain such data
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that Friends of Rastrick Library provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller (known as the right to data portability)
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to object to the processing of pesronal data
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact the Friends of Rastrick Library at email@example.com.
You can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF